Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Completed Piece


Well, I spent my entire weekend working on this bad boy! I was so locked in I didn't even bother with incremental updates. I haven't been this focused on a serious art project in about two years (which is good). I think it might be a tad busy but I really wanted to try and add a background to really give the characters the feeling of actually dueling in a convincing setting. I think if colored properly it will really come alive and have nice clarity (I'm looking at you Juan *grin*). I struggled with elements of the composition, in particular the sword placement. I feel it needed to have the entire blade within the piece. Like I said on several occasions, careful planning ahead of time will avoid conflicts like this. I do feel good about this one regardless and hope the next pieces (and sequentials) will be even better.

2 comments:

The Keeper's Notes said...

Looks awesome, man. Once the colors are in I think it will really help to pop the characters and foreground elements out. Can't wait to see the colors on the first one, too.

Charles Stanley said...

Thanks man, it's all good experience and I'm learning a lot and getting good experience. I'm gonna tweak the background then start another project by the weekend hopefully.